Altérations de l’artère dentaire inférieure en relation avec l’âge
Keywords:artère dentaire inférieure, altérations artérielles en relation avec l’âge, age
The change of the inferior dental artery connected with age.
The inferior dental artery is, in its intraosseus part a blood vessel that undergoes changes during life.
Its changes as well as far as the anatomy is concerned as the structure of its wall.
Because of the hypertrophy of its elastic blade in advanced age, this vessel becomes sinuous. The thickening of its walls reduces its lulen which makes the artery angiographically «inconstant» and its identification uncertain. Because of the apparition of asymetric atheromateous changes, the diameter of the artery becomes unequal.
The structure changes of the inferior dental artery, together with the lass of teeth might be one of the essentiel factors in the progressive atrophy of the alveolar bone but also of the whole body of the mandible.
I hereby certify that the authors of the above manuscript have all:
1. Conceived, planned, and performed the work leading to the report, or interpreted the evidence presented, or both;
2. Written the report or reviewed successive versions and shared in their revisions; and
3. Approved the final version.
Further, I certify that:
1. This work has not been published elsewhere and is not under revision in another journal;
2. Humane procedures have been followed in the treatment of experimental animals (if applicable);
3. Investigations in humans was done in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation or with the Helsinki Declaration (if applicable).
4. This paper has been carefully read by a native English speaker who is familiar with the field of work (this applies to authors who are not fluent in English); and
5. The copyright of the article is transferred from the authors to the Bulletin du Groupement International pour la Recherche Scientifique en Stomatologie et Odontologie upon acceptance of the manuscript.