A 3 dimensional process of recording the human mandible movements
Keywords:mandibule, movements, space kinematic, mastication
A 3 dimensional process of recording the human mandible movements.
Our system belongs a general process made by the C.N.E.S. (Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales) in Toulouse; it records and measures the movements of body and limbs of spacemen. A test of this process is adapted for movements of mandible.
The system uses a various instrumentation: two electronic cameras; infra-red rays; reflectors; a multiplexor case; a magnetoscope; a dimultiplexor; a computer; two screens of control.
Four reflectors are fixed on the face of subject; two others are fixed on a metallic system that is glued on the buccal face of inferior canines. These reflectors record the specific movements of mandible.
Usual mastication and mastication on one side inturn are recorded in a young man with his natural teeth.
Some graphs are showed for example. A data processing system measures the trajectory of mandible in the three dimensions of space, according to time and rapidity of movement.
This video data processing seems to be a good method to analyze movements of mandible and mastication.
I hereby certify that the authors of the above manuscript have all:
1. Conceived, planned, and performed the work leading to the report, or interpreted the evidence presented, or both;
2. Written the report or reviewed successive versions and shared in their revisions; and
3. Approved the final version.
Further, I certify that:
1. This work has not been published elsewhere and is not under revision in another journal;
2. Humane procedures have been followed in the treatment of experimental animals (if applicable);
3. Investigations in humans was done in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation or with the Helsinki Declaration (if applicable).
4. This paper has been carefully read by a native English speaker who is familiar with the field of work (this applies to authors who are not fluent in English); and
5. The copyright of the article is transferred from the authors to the Bulletin du Groupement International pour la Recherche Scientifique en Stomatologie et Odontologie upon acceptance of the manuscript.