About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Business is in constant change. The twenty-first century is witnessing the expansion of ICTs in traditional and new industries and services, the increasing participation of transnationals from emerging economies in global FDI, changes in the institutions that rule public and private businesses, and new targets for entrepreneurs and corporations to achieve an environmentally sustainable and more equal growth.
The pathways and strategies that lead changes in businesses are path-dependent, evolutionary, and often involve Schumpeterian destruction and innovation. For this reason, a correct understanding of the evolution in business requires a dynamic perspective, and longitudinal analysis.
The Journal of Evolutionary Studies in Business encourages submissions that contribute to a better analysis and understanding of the diversity of processes that lead to change in entrepreneurship, business organization, and strategy, in past and present times.
In the age of massive information, and pressures for academic productivity, the academic community has today a problem to organize, select, and define key ideas, key names, and key problems. For this reason, this journal has as a main target to offer excellent review essays of relevant secondary literature on key topics of interest to scholars interested in business today. Among the most outstanding topics for which high quality papers our team of associate editors aim to attract there are: International Business, Creative Industries, Management Challenges, Urban Ecosystems of Innovation and Smart Cities, Business History, Strategy, and Entrepreneurship. Special attention will be paid to highlight excellent links of relevance in the interdisciplinary, long-term analysis about the evolution of businesses and organizations.
Peer Review Process
JESB is a peer-reviewed journal that follows COPE Code of conduct and best papers practices as in http://publicationethics.org/resources/code-conduct
Authors and reviewers are required to follow strict ethical conduct and practices. Only original submissions not published or submitted elsewhere can be submitted to this journal.
Each submission is assigned to expert associate editors in the field. Each associate editor will invite at least two reviewers to provide anonymous reports about the quality of the methodology, objectives, and contributions of the submission. JESB has a team of 2 editors-in-chief from Organization Studies and Business History, and 10 associate editors from seven different disciplines involved in the dynamic study of change in business organizations and business environments. This large composition of the editorial team, that includes scholars from five different countries and five different institutions, allows a potential network of scholars from which to have a variety and diversity of recruited reviewers
JESB publishes two issues per year
Declaration of publishing ethics and best practices
Journal of Evolutionary Studies in Business subscribe the Declaration of publishing ethics and best practices for scientific journals published by the University of Barcelona.
The University of Barcelona promotes the open access publication of digital journals and endeavours to guarantee quality and conscientiousness in the transfer of scientific knowledge. The University is committed to ensuring that the articles it publishes and the publishing process itself observe the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). It is therefore essential that all of the stakeholders in this process—journal editors, reviewers, technical editors and authors—know and act according to the Code.
- Journal editors should :
- ensure that the decision to publish is not dependent on the author’s race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnic origin, country of origin, citizenship or political persuasion;
- publish regular updates on the responsibilities of authors, submission requirements, the arbitration system used to select the articles and the evaluation criteria to be applied by reviewers;
publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed and not make use of any article received for UB-specific research assignments without the author’s consent;
- guarantee confidentiality during the review process, meaning (a) the anonymity of reviewers and authors and the confidentiality of the content of the articles, the reports submitted by reviewers and any other type of correspondence with or between the editorial, consultant and scientific committees and (b) confidentiality in the correspondence between the author and the journal committees or reviewers when the author wishes to clarify, change or complain about some aspect of the article;
- make certain that the integrity of articles already published is respected;
- act swiftly to eliminate from the journal or refuse to publish any article that has been found to plagiarise information from other sources.
- Authors should
- understand that they are responsible for all submitted content;
- notify the journal editors of any errors in their published articles so that the appropriate corrections can be made;.
- guarantee that the article and associated materials are original and do not infringe on the rights of third-party authors and, when there are co-authors, guarantee that the consent of all the authors is obtained before the article goes to press.
- Reviewers and technical editors should
- apply revisions that are objective, informed, critical, constructive and unbiased, where acceptance or rejection is based only on the work’s relevance, originality, interest to the public in question and compliance with the style and content regulations in the evaluation criteria;
- meet deadlines when this is possible and promptly inform the journal editor when it is not;
- avoid sharing, spreading or reproducing any information from articles still under review without permission from the corresponding journal editors or authors.
Revistes Científiques de la Universitat de Barcelona/RCUB
Department of Economic History, Institutions, Policy and World Economy, Universitat de Barcelona
Center of Studies in Economics and Economic History Antoni de Capmany at Universitat de Barcelona
Department of Business Organization, Universitat de Barcelona
Sources of Support
Universitat de Barcelona
2015 Design and composition of the team and the journal
2016 First issue
2020 Indexed in Scopus