Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Authors must make sure before submission that:
- Topic falls within the focus of interest of this journal (see in the home page, about this journal focus)
- The submission includes the academic sections required in an international academic journal: Presentation of the topic and main research questions, hypothesis, critical analysis of the sources and methodologies used, updated and strong review literature, engagement in current theoretical debates well described and presented, original findings and contributions, description of the limitations of the research, list of references that follow style of this journal and have been cited in text (do not include references not cited in the text).
- The text is an original, strong contribution to international debates or issues, not simple descriptions of incomplete or insufficient research efforts.
- Declaration of potential conflicts of interest. Authors who believe there might be potential conflicts of interest with any associate editor or reviewer should communicate this at the time of the submission, in an email to an editor in chief of the journal who will work to prevent those potential conflicts of interest.
Author/s must read and accept the Ethical Policy of this journal, and agree to send a written acceptance of these guidelines, in a message sent to the journal, during the initial submission of the original version of their manuscript.
The Ethical Policy of the journal can be found scrolling down the window "About" in the journal home page:
Outstandingly important is that, following this journal Ethical Policy, authors acknowledge and accept in a written message during the submission process, to this journal, that the submitted manuscript is an original work that has never been published in any language before.
Plagiarism, including self-plagiarism as defined in our Ethical Policy, is not permitted and if found can lead to immediate rejection of the manuscript. See details in the Ethical Policy link in the "About" window of the home page of this journal.
- Carefully make sure that the Abstract follows the instructions for authors in this journal, so that the abstract clearly and explicitly indicate: subject, research question, major gaps in the literature addressed in your submission, theoretical framework, most relevant sources, methodology, and contribution to the literature.
- Before uploading your manuscript make sure that notes and references, as well as tables or figures, are in the journal style as indicated in the journal website
- Check that the name of the author/authors is/are not in the first page of the submitted manuscript, and that there are no indications of the identity of the author/s throughout the text
- Make sure that the lenght of your paper does not exceed an average of 8,000 words
- Submissions must be written in a profficient, specialized, native English style. Authors without this English style must have an specialized English native speaker revising the text in every stage of the editorial process. Each author is responsible of this requirement. The journal may suggest possible names of English native speakers if requested. A useful guide for the revision of the style is in the University of Barcelona style guidelines in https://www.ub.edu/cub/criteri.php?id=2238
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
Authors transfer to Universitat de Barcelona all copyright
Created from a work avaible in http://revistes.ub.edu/index.php/JESB
Office of the General Secretary of the University of Barcelona
If you register as an author or reviewer, the objective will be to organize the completion of the different functions associated with the journal to which you register. If you register as a reader, the objective will be to send you information about the journal to which you register.
Consent of the interested party
The University and those responsible for the processing, if applicable. The transfer of data to third parties is not covered, except when there is a legal obligation.
Right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure of your data, right to request data portability and restriction of processing.
For further information, please visit this link: http://hdl.handle.net/2445/122803