About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Only original texts. We accept essays in the original author’s language. We provide a translation into English of the original text. Research, synthesis and assessment on all medieval fields (Archivistics, Archaeology, Literature, Philosophy, History, Art History, Literature, Palaeography…). Electronic format, open-access, two volumes per year (spring and autumn). Scientific quality criteria.
Peer Review Process
Blind peer review by two external experts, assigned by the editorial board.
SVMMA will translate to English the originals in other languages and will publish both versions.
This journal provides immediate open access to its contents based on the principle that the making research available to the public free of charge promotes the global exchange of knowledge.
This journal does not Article Processing Charges and any charge authors for publication.
Declaration of publishing ethics and best practices
The University of Barcelona promotes the open access publication of digital journals and endeavours to guarantee quality and conscientiousness in the transfer of scientific knowledge. The University is committed to ensuring that the articles it publishes and the publishing process itself observe the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). It is therefore essential that all of the stakeholders in this process—journal editors, reviewers, technical editors and authors—know and act according to the Code.
- Journal editors should :
- ensure that the decision to publish is not dependent on the author’s race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnic origin, country of origin, citizenship or political persuasion;
- publish regular updates on the responsibilities of authors, submission requirements, the arbitration system used to select the articles and the evaluation criteria to be applied by reviewers;
publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed and not make use of any article received for UB-specific research assignments without the author’s consent;
- guarantee confidentiality during the review process, meaning (a) the anonymity of reviewers and authors and the confidentiality of the content of the articles, the reports submitted by reviewers and any other type of correspondence with or between the editorial, consultant and scientific committees and (b) confidentiality in the correspondence between the author and the journal committees or reviewers when the author wishes to clarify, change or complain about some aspect of the article;
- make certain that the integrity of articles already published is respected;
- act swiftly to eliminate from the journal or refuse to publish any article that has been found to plagiarise information from other sources.
- Authors should
- understand that they are responsible for all submitted content;
- notify the journal editors of any errors in their published articles so that the appropriate corrections can be made;.
- guarantee that the article and associated materials are original and do not infringe on the rights of third-party authors and, when there are co-authors, guarantee that the consent of all the authors is obtained before the article goes to press.
- Reviewers and technical editors should
- apply revisions that are objective, informed, critical, constructive and unbiased, where acceptance or rejection is based only on the work’s relevance, originality, interest to the public in question and compliance with the style and content regulations in the evaluation criteria;
- meet deadlines when this is possible and promptly inform the journal editor when it is not;
- avoid sharing, spreading or reproducing any information from articles still under review without permission from the corresponding journal editors or authors.
- Vicerectorat de comunicació i projecció - UB